Sunday 21 October 2007

Back from my holidays

Thanks to Gordon Brown, the last ten days have been rather wonderful. Instead of having to contest a General Election, my wife and I have been able to enjoy a truly relaxing break in North West Wales.

For once, I put all thoughts of politics to one side, managed to read a couple of novels and we explored a number of sites including Llyn Crafnant and Llyn Geirionydd, the medieval fortress of Dinas Emrys and the remnants of the slate quarries opposite Llanberis.

We were particularly pleased to be able to visit Cae’r Gors in Rhosgadfan – the childhood home of the Welsh language novelist Kate Roberts (1891-1985). Until recently uninhabited, it has been turned into a heritage centre marking the life of a remarkable woman. It is well worth a visit. See www.caergors.org.

So it is back to normal life for me now. And you know what that means – work and meetings every single night of this coming week. Great!

No comments: