Thursday 21 April 2011

Disheartened of Fraddon / Indian Queens


This morning, I started my day by visiting the Fraddon Millennium Green to pick up glass. I am a trustee at the Green and received a call from a friend who kindly let me know that someone had smashed a bottle over some of the children’s play equipment.

I then went to do some casework in my Parish, before visiting Indian Queens Recreation Ground, where we have just spent over £65,000 to create a skate board area and build a Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA).

I was very disappointed to find that someone had had a barbecue the previous evening and dumped their cinders on the tarmac around the skateboard ramps. Someone had also tried to start fires next to the equipment. There was also some graffiti, turf around the MUGA had been disturbed and there was also a lot of rubbish lying around.

Being a councillor means being in a position to help deliver new facilities for your local community. And I am very proud to have been able to access grants for the new equipment in the Recreation Ground, but sometimes it is disheartening when a minority do not respect what has been provided.

I am pictured above with Anita, my local PCSO, assessing the fire damage at Indian Queens.

No comments: